Monday 26 November 2012

Pre-Production

Storyboard

We have the base idea for what is going to happen in our sequence however we were having trouble coming up with the actual shots to go in the storyboard as a group, so we are all making our own storyboards. Here is the one I made:

Once we have all made a storyboard we are going to merge the best ideas together to create the final storyboard.

This will help us during filming as we will have a clear vision for what the end product will look like and guidance for how to achieve it.

The storyboard I have created is just some very rough ideas for what I think we are aiming for.

I feel that the beginning should start at the party as this is where the main action in our sequence is occurring and also where one of the most important moments in the film as a whole will happen (the characters meeting for the first time).

This should be started with an establishing shot of the house, and to make it more interesting i think we should have people in shot.

Then I thought a simple walk through would be quite good as in most high budget films the camera seems to always be moving, so I think this might make our film look more professional.

After this I thought a clever way to link between the party and the main characters would be a phone call between the host and the main girl.

We all agreed that we did not want to reveal the entirety of the girl until the boy sees her for the first time so that the audience feels what he feels. So I tried to put some interesting shots of the girl on the phone without revealing her whole face.

Then we also all wanted to superimpose the credits onto the products to make it more visually interesting so I just thought of a few products we could put the credits on.

I was unsure of how to link between the girl and the boy and start doing shots of the boy, but I thought that perhaps a graphic match might be quite an interesting way to do this. So I have drawn a few ideas for graphic matches e.g. colour matches between red lipstick and red shirt, visual matches between hairspray.

After the getting ready shots I thought it would be best if the boy was at the party before the girl so that we can create suspense through inter-cutting before she arrives.

Then I thought we should have the boy seeing her and then us as the audience see her.

And finally I thought we should end it just as the are starting to speak to each other with a tentative hello.

I was unsure on where to put the title of the film during the sequence, so I have left that out.








No comments:

Post a Comment